Voted Best of Delaware 2021 & 2020
Discover Canalside Inn, an award-winning, Rehoboth Beach boutique hotel. We are a pet-friendly hotel located in downtown Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
Bryan and Kristen Deptula, the Inn’s current owners, found themselves drawn to Rehoboth, where Bryan Deptula PhD spent his childhood summers. The couple’s combined 20 years of professional hospitality experience, coupled with extensive travel to more than 26 countries and 40 states, helped inspire a desire to create a one-of-a-kind guesthouse that seamlessly blends a carefree guest experience.
Our guest reviews are the reason Canalside Inn is the winner of Best of Delaware 2020 and Best of Delaware 2021.
A lil bit of our history…
The Inn has known many names over the years.
Legend has it that in the early 1900’s, the building now known as Canalside Inn was constructed just feet from the sandy shoreline in Rehoboth Beach, DE.
Our building was named Star of the Sea, located near Rehoboth Ave and Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk.
In 1969, then named the Moonwalk, the building was lifted off the ground and moved to its current location at 34 Sixth St., Rehoboth Beach, DE 1971.
Circa 1980’s, the Rehoboth Bed and Breakfast was renamed Sand In My Shoes.
Canalside Inn became the name of our beautiful boutique hotel around 2000.
Canalside Inn operated as a Rehoboth Beach Bed and Breakfast prior to transitioning into a Delaware Beach Hotel, Wedding Venue, and Events Center.
*Due to CoVid restrictions, we no longer serve breakfast.
Canalside Inn feels like both a place to meet and celebrate with loved ones in chic accommodations, and a place to escape from the office to focus leadership teams on growing your business. Upgrade your experience at Canalside Inn to give the best possible value alongside luxurious treatments for people and pets.
Canalside Inn is committed to values-centered customer service, making a positive environmental impact. We are proud to use only non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products. We eliminated all tiny soap and shampoo bottles. Canalside Inn uses McKesson Antimicrobial and Antibacterial wash products in bulk.
Canalside Inn is proud to introduce our stress-free FlexRate. . The Flex Rate offers the flexibility to change your reservation dates if you are unable to travel for any reason. There is a $100 deposit required to hold your reservation. If you do cancel you must cancel within 14 days of your stay.
SEE STEPS CANALSIDE INN TAKES TO PROVIDE A SAFE STAY
The health and well-being of our guests, team members and all who visit Canalside Inn are our highest priority. Out of an abundance of caution and care for our community, we follow recommendations by the American Hotel and Lodging Association to provide a Safe Stay.
- Service: Our staff will refrain from entering your room from check-in to check-out.
- Keyless Entry: Our rooms and building are equipped with keyless entry.
- Virtual Check-Inn: We will continue to operate with our virtual check in system, which allows guests to check-Inn online without having face-to-face contact with Canalside Inn personnel.
- Communication: Our normal office hours are from 8am to 5pm. As our guests, you are encouraged to text or call us for assistance during your stay.
- “Leave at My Door” protocol: Simply text us what you need and we will drop at your door. To receive linens, toilet paper, tissue paper etc. Please text us between housekeeping hours 10-3pm.
- Enhanced Cleaning Measures: We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, door handles & keypads, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant, hydrogen peroxide, Branch Basic Cleaners, Clorox and other products to clean our Inn.