Voted Best Bed and Breakfast Inn by Delaware Today Magazine
DISCOVER CANALSIDE INN, A BOUTIQUE-CHIC, PET-FRIENDLY HOTEL & INN IN THE HEART OF REHOBOTH BEACH
Canalside Inn is a pet-friendly Hotel and Inn in the heart of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Experience the luxury and #safestay of contactless hospitality featuring online check-in and check-out. Watch our videos to learn about how Canalside Inn takes the stress out of travel. See our Sea-breezy online check-in and check-out. Take a virtual tour of Canalside Inn. Watch the pet-friendly experience. Stay with us and vacation safely!
Dr. Bryan and Kristen Deptula, the Inn’s current owners, found themselves drawn to Rehoboth, where Dr. Bryan spent his childhood summers. The couple’s combined 20 years of professional hospitality experience, coupled with extensive travel to more than 26 countries and 40 states, helped inspire a desire to create a one-of-a-kind guesthouse that seamlessly blends a carefree guest experience that offers Special Events, and Beach Retreat experiences. Our guest reviews are the reason Canalside Inn is the winner of Best of Delaware 2020.
Canalside Inn is an upscale, pet friendly, Boutique Hotel and Inn located in Rehoboth Beach, DE; a place where you can bring your families for vacation, reserve the whole Inn for your entire wedding party, as well as work with colleagues for a mid-week business retreat.
Canalside Inn feels like both a place to meet and celebrate with loved ones in chic accommodations, and a place to escape from the office to focus leadership teams on growing your business. Canalside Inn special offers and packages are designed to give the best possible value alongside luxurious treatments for people and pets.
Canalside Inn is committed to values-centered customer service, making a positive environmental impact. We are proud to use only non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products. We eliminated all tiny soap and shampoo bottles. Canalside Inn uses McKesson Antimicrobial and Antibacterial wash products in bulk.
SAFE STAY FLEX RATE
We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve. During these unprecedented times, we want to take the worry out of booking your much needed and long overdue vacation. Canalside Inn is proud to introduce our stress-free #SafeStay FlexRate. . #SafeStay FlexRate offers the flexibility to change your reservation dates if you are unable to travel for any reason related to CoVid.
Book Now at the Canalside Inn with a $100 deposit (nonrefundable & Reusable). Full payment is due prior to check-in.
SEE STEPS CANALSIDE INN TAKES TO PROVIDE A SAFE STAY
The health and well-being of our guests, team members and all who visit Canalside Inn are our highest priority. Out of an abundance of caution and care for our community, we follow recommendations by the American Hotel and Lodging Association to provide a Safe Stay.
- Social Distancing: We actively practice social distancing. We ask all guests to avoid high traffic touch areas.
- Service: Our staff will refrain from entering your room from check-in to check-out.
- Keyless Entry: Our rooms and building are equipped with keyless entry.
- Virtual Check-Inn: We will continue to operate with our virtual check in system, which allows guests to check-Inn online without having face-to-face contact with Canalside Inn personnel.
- Communication: Our normal office hours 8am to 5pm are still in place As our guests, you are encouraged to call, video or text us for assistance during your stay.
- “Leave at My Door” protocol: We offer a flexible option for guests to receive linens, toilet paper, tissue paper etc… outside their room door, limiting exposure of others during the COVID-19 events.
- Enhanced Cleaning Measures: We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, door handles & keypads, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant, hydrogen peroxide, Branch Basic Cleaners, Clorox and other products to clean our Inn.
We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve. We are aware of the confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the state of Delaware and our monitoring the situation closely. See Delaware’s COVID-19 Response..
A lil bit of our history…
Long, long, ago, the building now known as Canalside Inn was constructed just feet from the sandy shoreline in Rehoboth Beach, DE.
Our was building formerly named Star of the Sea located near Rehoboth Ave and the Boardwalk on the beach.
In 1969, the building was lifted off the ground and moved to its current location at 34 Sixth St., Rehoboth Beach, DE 1971.
The Inn has known many names over the years – from Star of the Sea, Moonwalk Hotel to Sand in my Shoes before becoming known as the Canalside Inn around 2000.