There is nothing more romantic than a beach wedding, and Rehoboth Beach is known as a prime mid-Atlantic wedding destination. Rehoboth Beach has everything you need to plan the perfect beach wedding, from dazzling sunsets to first-class restaurants and elegant accommodations for you and your wedding guests.
Planning the perfect Rehoboth Beach wedding requires some simple steps, starting with getting your paperwork in order, finding the best spot on the beach, and choosing your officiant, caterers, and other service providers. This guide offers some key planning ideas and an idea for the perfect place to stay.
Getting Married in Delaware: The Basics
The staff at The Canalside Inn can recommend several popular waterfront locations along the beach suitable for your wedding. The first step, though, is to complete the following important details:
- Fill out Delaware Marriage License, which must be issued at least one day before the ceremony by the Sussex County Clerk in Georgetown, Delaware.
- Submit a Beach Wedding Application form indicating your preferred location.
- Pick the optimal wedding date based on the weather and the expected tourist traffic. Early and late summer are the best times to get married on Rehoboth Beach. Avoid the middle of summer, which brings thousands of visitors to town, and the last weekend of October, when crowds come for the Rehoboth Beach Sea Witch Festival.
Your permit will allow you to get married on any day of the year (including national holidays) from sunrise to 8:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m. You will not have the exclusive right to the beach, so plan a date where it is unlikely to be busy.
Planning the Perfect Wedding
A beach wedding can cost anywhere from $200 to $5,000 or more, and your main expenses will be the venue (beach permit and marriage license), wedding gown, flowers, wedding officiant, event rentals, caterers, and photographers. Getting started you should consider:
Keep your choices simple, and avoid high heels and long trains and veils. Choose lightweight fabrics like chiffon or charmeuse, which can move freely.
Seating, Shade, and Catering
A lightweight sailcloth tent is a great choice, as its ability to allow in natural light is perfect for giving your special day a more intimate feel. Choose sturdy seating that can withstand windy conditions. Local wedding venue providers like Coastal Tented Events or Greater Good Events Catering can provide tents and chairs as well as delicious finger food and beverages.
The Men In Black Wedding Officiants in Rehoboth Beach can perform either a non-denominational or religious ceremony.
Choosing the right service providers can make a big difference on your wedding day. Where you stay is another important detail.
The Canalside Inn Can Make Your Day Special
You might want to consider an informal wedding reception at The Canalside Inn, where your guests can enjoy alcoholic beverages and snacks (as your wedding permit prohibits serving alcohol on the beach). The Canalside Inn is ideal for weddings and group accommodations because:
- It’s a short walking distance from the town and the beach.
- It’s close to local boutiques, day spas, and fine dining.
- It offers excellent wedding packages.
- It’s pet-friendly, in case you want to include your furry friends.
The team at The Canalside Inn can help you plan your special day and make your wedding and the days afterward a fantastic extended experience for your whole wedding party.
The Perfect Rehoboth Beach Wedding
Rehoboth Beach is the perfect spot for an idyllic beach wedding, and the Canalside Inn event planners can help you design the perfect event for you and your guests. Contact us today for more information about our accommodations and wedding packages. Our boutique hotel is a chic spot for your Rehoboth Beach wedding or any other vacation.